Come enjoy the worlds of cyberspace, or research that
odd costume idea, or whatever, at the Net lounge.
Location: Empire Room, 2nd Floor, Fairmont Hotel
Time: Open 24 hours for the entire convention. Well, maybe closed
for a few minutes for vaccuuming. But basically all the time.
Cool Stuff We Will Have
- Wireless connections in the area.
- Ethernet drops for laptops - come on in.
- Express Lane access - 15 minute limit, but at least there should
always be a computer or two handy.
- A friendly mix of computer types.
- Handicapped accessible space, and a blind users talking terminal.
(with Jaws for Windows)
- T1 speed!
Rules of the Lounge
- No Food and No Drinks. The silicon lifeforms
can't have any either. Sorry.
- 15 minutes limit at Express Lane terminals.
- When times are busy, people who have been at their station
for an hour or longer may be asked to let others enjoy the
- Please leave the laptop-drop ethernet cords with the room.
- Try not to block the aisles.
- Discussions should be kept at a level quiet enough that
others with no interest in it can still use the lounge
- If you need help logging in, ask an Internet Lounge staff member.
With Thanks To Our Sponsors
Of course the lounge would be a lot more difficult without
help from our sponsors:
- Pervasive Netwerks - bringing Linux to the
providing Mandrake based systems
- Starshine Technical
Services - sysadmin support and training
providing Debian based systems
- U.S.S. Augusta Ada
- she dreams of the future. A chapter of Starfleet
International and the 24th century's free software group
providing staff for the room
- LinuxDojo - the
Hayward area LUG
providing staff for the lounge, and drivers
to pick up gear
Enjoy the convention
If you experience any problems with this site please report them to
"ConJosé" is a service mark of San Francisco Science Fiction
Conventions, Inc. (SFSFC), a California non-profit corporation recognized
as tax-exempt under IRC 501(c)(3). The ConJosé logo was created by and is © 2001 David Cherry, and is a service
mark of SFSFC. This web site is © 2002 SFSFC except where otherwise
noted. "Worldcon," "World Science Fiction Convention," "WSFS," "World
Science Fiction Society," "NASFiC," and "Hugo Award" are registered
service marks of the World Science Fiction Society, an unincorporated
literary society. ConJosé Privacy